POLKA COMPOSITION CONTEST, RULES
To make things simple, I've decided
to have the following rules:
- This is a Polka contest.
See also the Waltz composition contest.
- Your tune should be composed in
1997 or in January 1998.
- You may only enter with one tune.
- The closing date is January 31,
1998. I'll wait for tunes posted by mail before this date.
- Play your tune on your squeezebox
alone without accompaniment and make a recording. It's the tune that's
important, not the performance or the recording quality. No reason to be
- I'll publish the contributions
as sound files on my page. The file format should be 8 kHz 8 bit mono AU.
The quality is good enough for the purpose and the files may be listened
to on most platforms. The required storage space as well as the download
time will be acceptable. There are several ways to submit your Polka, in
order of (my) preference:
- Put the AU file on your own page
and send me the link.
- Send me the AU file by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Send me the AU file on a 3 1/2" PC disc by mail
- Send me a cassette tape and I'll
convert it to a sound file. Please send me a cheap tape so I don't have
to return it.
- Try to stay within 1-3 minutes
and 5 minutes at the most. This saves disc space and increases the probability
that someone will bother to dowload the tune. I'm going to show the file
size of each contribution.
- Each contestant has one vote. You
can't vote on your own tune. This is fair and practical since the number
of votes (emails) will be low and you can't persuade your friends to vote
on your tune since you've only got one vote. More about the voting procedure
at the end of January 1998.
- Start composing and recording.
It's so easy to enter so just do it!
- To the
to Hans Palm's Accordion Page: main page
Hans Palm 1997, email@example.com
, snail address